Go to all research institutes or navigate directly to the institute:
- Cancer Center Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Cardiovascular Sciences
- Amsterdam Gastroenterology Endocrinology Metabolism
- Amsterdam Institute for Infection and Immunity
- Amsterdam Movement Sciences
- Amsterdam Neuroscience
- Amsterdam Public Health
- Amsterdam Reproduction & Development
Together, we cover the full spectrum of health and biomedical research themes. In diverse teams we aim to harness knowledge from fundamental research to the development of novel interventions for patient care or disease prevention. Using multidisciplinary and inter-sectoral approaches we focus on quality as well as on societal relevance of our research.
Amsterdam UMC has set up a wide range of core facilities and a data infrastructure that enables the development of science practices to Open Science. Dedicated Research support teams are in place to create a stimulating research context and provide hands-on support to researchers. We are proud of our collaborative mindset and work together with various institutes in regional, national and international contexts.
Together with a selected number of independent Amsterdam UMC researchers, the directors of the research institutes represent the research community in the Amsterdam UMC Research Board (ARB), the advisory body that provides research-related advice to Amsterdam UMC’s executive board.
The Amsterdam research board (ARB) represents the Amsterdam UMC research community and advices the executive board on research policy. Together with the deans and administrative staff, the ARB aims to promote responsible research conduct. The ARB consists of maximal two research institute directors from each research institute, a selected number of independent researchers, members due to their specific research-related function, and is chaired by the vice-dean of research.
Vice-dean of research: Mat Daemen
Anne-Lieke van Deijk
Research institute directors
- Amsterdam Neuroscience: Guus Smit and Yolande Pijnenburg
- Amsterdam Gastroenterology Endocrinology Metabolism: Stan van de Graaf and Anita Boelen
- Cancer Center Amsterdam: Jan Paul Medema
- Amsterdam Reproduction & Development: Lidewij Henneman and Tessa Roseboom
- Amsterdam Infection & Immunity: Reina Mebius and Theo Geijtenbeek
- Amsterdam Public Health: Martine de Bruijne and Dionne Kringos
- Amsterdam Cardiovascular Sciences: Arthur Wilde and Jolanda van der Velden
- Amsterdam Movement Sciences: Mario Maas and Richard Jaspers
Vice-dean Valorisation of Research: Arjen Brussaard
Chief Science Information Officer: Martin den Heijer
Chairman Good Research Practice committee: Arnon Kater
Research support director
: Jessika van Kammen
Chair Committee Talent and Appointments: Yvette van Kooyk
Anne-Lieke van Deijk: mail